Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Your Amazing Brain - a powerpoint presentation

This took me quite some time to put together. Not only because I haven't used PowerPoint in quite some time, but also because I was researching for the information to put in it! I imagine that once you become familiar with PowerPoint AND you have all the information on hand for your presentation, then it shouldn't take long to create an interesting and engaging presentation. I can see presentations providing many benefits in the classroom.
Your Amazing Brain


SlideShare.net seems like it will be a very valuable site.  Once your presentation is uploaded you can then view it from anywhere that there is an Internet connection.  After reading the blogs of some of the other students I knew that animations would not come through on the SlideShare version of the presentation, which did cause me to alter the presentation somewhat.  Knowing that in advance can save you a lot of time fiddling around with the animations in the first place.

How do I think that presentations will help in the classroom?  PowerPoint presentations provide a great way to communicate to the student using a range of media.  Instead of writing boring sentences on a blackboard (or whiteboard), in a PowerPoint presentation you can easily introduce colour, sound, video and humour with the simple click of a button.  It also frees the teacher up to concentrate on the students instead of wasting time by writing things on the board.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tina, great presentation. I thought it was a good length, not too long, but interesting and with a variety of visuals to interest learners. It is also not too formal, mine was quite formal, but with your topic you can make it fun. I like the puzzle! I think this would capture the interest of students and inspire them to want to know more. I think it's great how you have catered for different learning styles here too, with the video, text, images and getting the students to try out physical activity and give feedback on it as well. Well done! I really like it.
    Regards,
    Carolyne

    ReplyDelete